Welcome to the traditionaltoursuk.com website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or making a purchase you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Traditional Tours UK offers a variety of tours, tickets and services through its website (traditionaltoursuk.com) and through designated partner websites. Because our Terms and Conditions contain legal obligations, we recommend you to read them carefully.
Unless otherwise stated, purchases made through traditionaltoursuk.com or any other Traditional Tours UK affiliated website are subject to these Terms and Conditions; in all booking arrangements, the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these conditions on behalf of the persons named in the booking.
- Accident or Loss
- Amendments and Cancellations
- Force Majeur
- General Conditions
- Gift Vouchers
- Pets or animals
- Pricing – Inclusions & Exclusions
- Refund and compensation policy
- Smoking, Food & Drink On Board Vehicles
- Tour information
Accident or Loss
- We have no liability for loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, or direct or consequential loss, however caused, unless due to our employees negligence, in which case our liability is limited (except for death or personal injury) to a maximum of the refund of the tour cost.
- We do not own or manage the train, ships, vehicles, accommodation and restaurants used and we have no liability for loss or damage caused by the proprietors or operators thereof.
Amendments and Cancellations
- Overnight tours or attraction tickets cannot be amended or cancelled once booked.
- No cancellations are possible once a reservation is made.
- Amendments or rescheduling to half day, full day bus tours and walking tours can only be made up to 14 days prior to the tour and at the discretion of Traditional Tours UK.
- Amendments or reschedules are not possible on the following tours: Beatles Tours, Beatrix Potter Tours, Dickens Tour, The Jack the Ripper Tour of London.
- Should a passenger fail to arrive, or arrive late, at the starting point, or join the tour after it has departed, for any reason (e.g. train or traffic delays, illness, waiting in error at the wrong meeting point) then no liability can be accepted and no rescheduling of that tour can be made.
- Traditional Tours UK reserves the right to cancel a tour, if minimum numbers have not been reached. In this instance, we would make every effort to accommodate your booking on a suitable, alternative date.
- Under 18 (i.e. 17 years and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over).
- For health and safety reasons Traditional Tours UK does not provide car seats. On all vehicle tours please note that by law it is a parent/guardians’ responsibility to provide a suitable baby seat / booster seat to ensure that all children under 3 years are securely fastened.
- While Traditional Tours UK makes every effort to provide on-time service, Traditional Tours UK is not liable for acts of God, fire, weather, acts of governments or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, riots, terrorist acts, strikes, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, dangers incident to sea, land and air travel, road conditions, mechanical problems, or other similar incidents beyond its control.
- Traditional Tours UK is not liable for any inconvenience or expense caused as a result of such delay.
- No servant or agent of ours can vary our conditions and any such purported variation shall be of no effect unless it has been signed by one of our Directors.
- All matters concerning your booking shall be subject to English Law.
- Whilst we proof read our web site and any promotional literature you receive several times prior to publishing, we cannot be held liable for typographical errors regarding pricing, dates or descriptions of tours.
- All errors and omissions will be remedied as soon as noted.
- All TTUK gift vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or used for the purchase of gift vouchers.
- TTUK gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
- TTUK gift vouchers can only be extended at the discretion of Traditional Tours UK for a maximum period of 3 months, incurring a set rate administrative charge per person per voucher.
Public scheduled dates for tours will not always coincide with the expiry dates on individual gift vouchers – it is sometimes the case that a tour’s scheduled run will end prior to the expiry date on your voucher. Therefore, upon receipt of a gift voucher (either from TTUK or from one of our agents), please check the last scheduled date for your tour within the period of your voucher’s validity. You can check tour dates by clicking on the link below to our Public Tour Calendar, then using the filter to select your tour:-dates/
- We do not offer Travel Insurance but would strongly recommend that you purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy prior to departure.
- On overnight tours an allowance of one suitcase , not exceeding 44lb in weight ,or 30 x 17 x 10 in dimension is permitted together, with a small carry on. Any items left on a vehicle used by Traditional Tours UK is left at the owners risk.
- Traditional Tours UK will take no responsibility for loss or damage to these items.
Pets or animals
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on any vehicles, (except for guide dogs and hearing dogs) without the express permission of Traditional Tours UK.
- From time to time a photographer and video professional may join a tour to take photographs and video footage. Any such material remains the property of Traditional Tours UK and can be used for promotional purposes in perpetuity. By agreeing to take part in a tour you are agreeing to the potential of being in the footage.
Pricing – Inclusions & Exclusions
- Prices are subject to change, until the booking has been confirmed.
- What is included is stated specifically on each page.
- Prices do not Include (unless stated otherwise) – gratuities to the guide, driver or tour manager, food and beverages and transfers to/from stations.
- Gratuities are at your discretion.
Refund and compensation policy
- In the event that a venue is not visited during a vehicle tour due to unforeseen circumstances, an amount equal to the value of the admission will be refunded at our discretion.
- If the air conditioning or washroom on a vehicle is not operational, then no refund will be made.
- We cannot grant any refunds more than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- All third party products and services, where we act as an official agent, are non-refundable under any circumstances and are also subject to the terms and conditions of the product/service supplier.
Refunds are only permitted for the following reasons:
- Low capacity (if an alternative time can not be agreed)
- Bad weather that does not permit the tour to run e.g. snow
- Tour is delayed MORE than four hours
- The tour is partially completed (only 50% in these circumstances)
- We can only refund the full face value of the ticket and are not liable for any additional expense incurred e.g. transport, accommodation, food etc in the event of a tour not running.
- Reservations are required. Please book as soon as possible.
Smoking, Food & Drink On Board Vehicles
- Smoking is not permitted on board any vehicle tour, but all vehicle tours make frequent stops.
- In the interest of safety we ask that no hot food or hot drinks are carried on board any vehicle.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden on any of our tour vehicles.
- Please note that seating on vehicle tours is on a first come first served basis.
- We may, at our discretion, require any person to withdraw from any tour, if we deem their acts or conduct offensive, or a nuisance to other passengers, and we shall have no further liability.
- We also reserve the right to alter at any time any price, place visited, itinerary or hotel owing to unforeseen circumstances. Every endeavour will be made to advise passengers in advance of any alterations that are deemed necessary.
- In the event of any passenger not being carried for any cause whatsoever, no liability will be accepted by the operators beyond the refund of the fares.
- Traditional Tours UK does not currently charge VAT on its tours.
If you have comments about your tour, you should make them to the company: Traditional Tours UK Ltd, Kemp House, London EC1V 2NX