Welcome to the Visitor Oyster world!
- The Visitor Oyster card is loaded with Pay as you go credit and it is ready to be used on the bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London.
- Once credit has been used, simply top up at stations and stores throughout London.
How to use your Visitor Oyster Card
On the Tube, DLR, London Overground and participating National Rail services:
- Touch in at the start of your journey and Touch out at the end. Check for the green light. If you fail to do so, you will be charged the maximum fare.
- On the Bus and Tram: Touch in when boarding and check for the green light. No need to touch out
Where do I top up my Visitor Oyster card?
- At any tube station
- At London Travel Information Centres
- At one of over 3,900 Oyster Ticket shops
- Any unused credit will not expire so you can keep your card for the next visit or lend it to a friend.
Peak and off-peak time fares
- The Visitor Oyster card will automatically calculate the cheapest fare for you and you will never pay more than the equivalent of a daily Travelcard.
- At any time – you are automatically charged a Peak or Off-peak fare
- Peak pay as you go fares apply from 06:30 to 09:30 and from 16:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Off-Peak pay as you go fares apply at all other time (weekends and Bank Holidays are off-peak!)
Discounts with your Visitor Oyster Card
- Special 10% discount on the River Thames Clipper
- 25% on the new London attraction: The Emirates Airline Cable Car
Click here to save on travel.