We have a limited number of part-time tour guide jobs in London for well-presented, articulate actors and experienced tour guides who can provide an entertaining and informative commentary to customers on our bus and walking tours in London.
Essential skills required:
- Previous tour guide experience
- A clear speaking voice in English
- First class communicator
- A good general knowledge of history of the area you wish to be a tour guide in e.g. London, and a real passion for history, culture and specialist themes
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to gain a rapid understanding of a tour route (i.e. about history / trivia, places, landmarks)
- Good presentation, time-keeping and ability to work under pressure.
- Motivated, energetic and comfortable keeping a potentially large group of people entertained and happy for between 2-10 hours depending on the tour
- Comfortable with responding to spontaneous changes in tours e.g. traffic delays, accidents etc and keeping the tour guests happy
- Can learn and retain information provided by a script and also from own research
Preferable skills / experience
- Native speaker of foreign languages including French, German, Spanish, Russian or Japanese
- Have previous experience of working in
Guides must be willing to work on weekends and school holidays on an ad-hoc freelance basis.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com